Not sure which plan you're in? Your plan name can be found on the front of your member ID card, under the ID number.
Behavioral Health Contracted Providers
Search for a mental health or substance use disorder provider. Visit these providers for behavioral health services to receive the highest level of benefits and avoid balance billing with non-Massachusetts providers.
Use UniCare's preferred vendors to receive 100% coverage after copays and deductible for certain items and services such as durable medical equipment, medical and diabetic supplies, home health care, and home infusion.
Specialized Health Facilities
UniCare contracts with various types of health facilities in Massachusetts that agree to provide services to plan members at negotiated rates. These facilities include:
Ambulatory Surgery Centers
These are independent centers in Massachusetts that are not run by a hospital, meaning members have no copay for services received. All members, except for Basic members without comprehensive insurance coverage (CIC), will not pay coinsurance for services at these centers.
Urgent Care Centers
Visit an independent, non-hospital-owned urgent care center in Massachusetts to receive urgent care for a $20 copay (Basic, PLUS and Community Choice members) or a $10 copay (Medicare members). These centers are able to treat conditions that should be handled quickly but aren't life threatening. They often do X-rays, lab tests and stitches.
Find a Doctor
Find primary and specialty care medical providers and discover which tier your Massachusetts specialist is designated as. When you or your dependents use the non-Massachusetts contracted providers shown in the Find a Doctor tool, you won't be balance billed.
To find a primary care provider in the Find a doctor tool:
- Choose Family/general practice, internal medicine in the Specialty box.
- Enter your desired location information or search for a doctor by name.
- Check the box Able to serve as a primary care physician and select Search.
Our Find a doctor tool is for non-Medicare members only. Medicare members should use Medicare participating providers to receive the highest benefit.
Get continuous, proactive, and highly personalized virtual primary care from a team of experts that includes a physician, nurse practitioner, health guide, and more. There are no copays or membership fees when seeing your Firefly Care Team via chat message, video visit, or in-person. Sign up now to start receiving your primary care with Firefly Health. Available to Basic, PLUS and Community Choice members living in Massachusetts.
Quality Centers and Designated Hospitals for Transplants
If you or a family member need a transplant, you will save on out-of-pocket costs when you use certain hospitals.
- Use Beacon behavioral health contracted providers. For the highest benefits coverage, use contracted behavioral health providers in the Beacon Health Options directory, not the behavioral health providers in the unicare.com Find a doctor tool. When you use Beacon contracted providers, you'll avoid higher copays as well as balance billing with non-Massachusetts providers.
- Community Choice members, be sure to check that the specialist you'd like to see will refer you to a Community Choice hospital for services if needed. You'll have lower copays and 100% coverage after the deductible when you use Community Choice hospitals.
- PLUS members living in Massachusetts, be sure to check that the specialist you'd like to see will refer you to a Tier 1 or Tier 2 hospital for services if needed. You'll have lower copays at these hospitals than at a Tier 3 hospital.
Find a Doctor
As a PLUS or Community Choice member, you pay a lower copay for primary care when you use patient-centered primary care providers in Massachusetts. These providers appear in the Find a Doctor tool with "PCP+" next to their names.
- Plus Members – Check our Acute Care Medical Hospitals in Massachusetts list to find the tier assignment of a Massachusetts acute care hospital. You pay lower copays when you use a Tier 1 or Tier 2 hospital.
- Community Choice Members – Review our Acute Care Medical Hospitals in Massachusetts list to see which hospitals you can use at the lower copays and 100% coverage, as a Community Choice plan member.