- Coverage for prescription drugs (administered by Express Scripts for non-Medicare members and by SilverScript for Medicare members)
- Coverage for behavioral health services (administered by UniCare, in partnership with Beacon Health Options)
- A comprehensive nationwide network of doctors and hospitals, so you and your family are covered if you need medical care wherever you travel. Your dependents who attend school full-time out of state will also have access to this nationwide coverage.
Four Great Plans to Choose From
Our plans differ by residency requirements; which providers you can use; what copays, deductibles and premiums you pay; and whether you are eligible for Medicare.
With Basic, you can live anywhere in the world, see any doctor, and use any hospital – no other GIC health plan offers this much freedom.
Our PLUS PPO plan is available to GIC members living in any New England state. Members will enjoy lower premiums without compromising coverage, flexibility, or choice.
GIC members who live in Massachusetts (but not including Nantucket or Martha’s Vineyard) can get services from any one of 58 Community Choice hospitals near them. Plus, premiums will be the lowest of any GIC health plan.
Use any doctor and hospital in the U.S. with UniCare’s Medicare Extension indemnity plan. This means you can get routine and ongoing care when you’re away from home. To get the most out of your plan and to receive higher benefits, it’s best to use Medicare participating providers.
Review these common questions about our plans and please contact our team if you have any further questions.
- Community Choice (our limited network plan) – Includes all Massachusetts doctors and 58 hospitals throughout Massachusetts. You can use non-Community Choice hospitals, but your out-of-pocket cost will be much higher.
- PLUS – Includes all Massachusetts doctors and hospitals. Members can also use UniCare contracted providers in other New England states.
How Can I Get More Information?
Check out this short video that compares our three non-Medicare plans.
Visit the Members Overview page to learn about the helpful resources available to you.
Request plan materials by sending a message through our online form.