One contact to help you find the right careApril 15, 2022
If you need guidance on your healthcare journey, our Whole Health, Whole You (WHWY) program can help. WHWY health guides are available to answer your questions and connect you to the right care professionals for your unique situation. In addition to health guides, WHWY includes nurses, social workers, dieticians, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, exercise physiologists, and health coaches.
Here’s how WHWY helped Sally, a UniCare member with weight-related health concerns:
- Sally, a 57-year-old teacher, began having knee pain and anxiety as a result of being overweight. Her doctor recommended knee surgery, but Sally wanted to know if she had other options.
- She called Member Services, and they connected her with Anna, a WHWY health guide who is also a registered nurse. Anna explained Sally’s options for care, including alternatives to surgery. She suggested getting a second opinion.
- Anna helped Sally develop a personalized health plan. Then Anna connected Sally with a WHWY physical therapist to help her strengthen her knee and relieve the pain.
- Sally also asked Anna for guidance on losing weight. Anna discussed Sally’s concerns and assessed her overall medical, emotional, and social needs. She decided to include a dietician in Sally’s WHWY health plan and set up the first appointment for her.
- Anna noticed Sally wasn’t registered for the Sydney℠ Health app. She helped Sally sign up and explained the app’s features, including resources to help manage her weight. Because Sally was also struggling with anxiety, Anna helped her set up virtual visits with a therapist through the app.
- Soon afterward, Sally lost six pounds. The physical therapy sessions helped strengthen her knee and reduce the pain, and the convenience of virtual therapy made it easier to manage her anxiety.
- Sally and her family are happy with the progress she’s made. They’re confident that Sally will continue to improve and are grateful for the support of the caring, trustworthy WHWY care team at UniCare.
To connect with a WHWY health guide, use the Sydney Health app or call Member Services at 833-663-4176.
Sydney Health is offered through an arrangement with CareMarket, Inc., a separate company offering mobile application services on behalf of UniCare. ©2021-2022.
For self-funded plans, claims are paid by UniCare Life & Health Insurance Company. Administrative services for the plan are provided by UniCare Life & Health Insurance Company. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is solely responsible for determination of eligibility and payment of any amounts due under the plan.1038892MAMENUNC BV 01/22